Liverpool CCG Logo

Making a Formal Complaint

You may make a complaint in writing, by e-mail, telephone or in person. It is important to make your complaints as soon as possible. Usually the NHS will only investigate complaints that are either:

  • Made within 12 months of the event
  • Made within 12 months of you realising that you have something to complain about

These time limits may be set aside if there are good reasons why you could not complain sooner and providing it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and efficiently.

If you wish to make a complaint in writing please send your correspondence to the following address:

Jan Ledward
Chief Operating Officer
NHS Liverpool CCG
The Department
Lewis’ Building
Renshaw Street
L1 1JX

Please note that our building is currently closed. If you contact us by post, please note that there may be a delay in responding to you as our staff are working from home. Consider contacting us by phone or email using the details below.

If you wish to make a complaint by email, please send your correspondence to:

If you wish to make a complaint by telephone please call (0151) 296 7619.

Download a copy of our complaints policy here.


What can I expect?


You will receive either a verbal or written acknowledgement to your complaint. Your complaint about the CCG will be fully investigated. You should be aware that the investigation into your complaint may involve accessing personal information from your medical records. However, this will always be done in accordance with the policy in relation to the handling of confidential information. For more information please read the Protecting your Privacy Leaflet and the Protecting your Privacy Booklet.


You may be invited to attend a meeting to discuss your concerns. We aim to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible, and will agree a timescale with you. You will be kept informed of any delays in investigating your concerns. Where appropriate, steps will be taken to improve the quality of services. 

What if I am still not satisfied?


We would welcome the opportunity to try to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction through further local resolution - call (0151) 295 3544 for assistance. We may arrange for an independent lay person called a conciliator to help resolve your complaint.

Alternatively, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The helpline number for the Ombudsman is 0845 015 4033. There is no charge for the Ombudsman's service. A separate leaflet, which is available on request from the Ombudsman's office, explains what the Ombudsman can investigate, what cannot be investigated and how to put your complaint to the Ombudsman.

The Health Service Ombudsman's contact details are:

The Health Service Ombudsman for England 
Millbank Tower 

Tel: 0845 015 4033 
Fax: 020 7217 4940 
Text telephone: 020 7217 4066 


Independent help, advice and complaints advocacy


Healthwatch Liverpool

Call: 0300 77 77 007 (Calls cost the same as to a local landline number. We can call you back to keep your bill down)

Text us: 07842 552 878


Call in: 4th Floor, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH.

Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm


More information about making a complaint and having your say about your care can be found here: