last updated 9th July 2015
NHS e-Referrals allows you to choose your hospital or clinic and book an appointment with a specialist. When you and your GP agree that you need to see a specialist you will be able to choose from a list of hospitals or clinics. You will also be able to choose the date and time of your appointment.
- Call the NHS e-Referrals Appointments Line on 0345 60 88 88 8; or by Textphone: 0345 8 50 22 50
- Use the internet and go to https://www.ebs.ncrs.nhs.uk/
- Book your appointment with your GP or a member of the practice team
- In some cases you can only check the availability of appointment slots or book your appointment by calling the hospital or clinic directly. This will in no way affect the quality of care you receive.
The Benefits of NHS e-referrals
- You can choose any hospital in England funded by the NHS (this includes NHS hospitals and some independent hospitals). More information about hospitals is available on the NHS Choices website
- You can choose the date and time of your appointment
- You experience greater convenience and certainty. With NHS e-Referrals, the choice is yours
- There is less chance that information will get lost in the post because more correspondence takes place through computers
What do NHS e-referrals mean for me?
As well as giving you a choice of hospital, date and time for your appointment, NHS e-Referrals will also give you the ability to:
- Plan and manage around your existing appointments, if you are currently undergoing treatment
- Fit your treatment in with your other commitments, at home and at work
- Choose appointments that fit with your carer's schedule
- Check the status of your referral and change or cancel your appointments easily over the phone or on the internet
For more information about NHS e-Referrals go to www.nhs.uk/referrals